At the Madina Institute, students have found that studying here is a unique opportunity that is unmatched elsewhere!
- It is revolutionary program that covers the foundational sciences in just one year – the basic sciences (in Quran, Hadith, Sunnah, Sirah, Arabic, Fiqh, Aqida, Logic, Philosophy, Tazkiya) all purely derived from the Majestic Qur’an, the authentic Sunnah, and the way of Ahl al-Sunnah wal-Jama’ah – as well as building some practical skills that are vital for the leaders we need in the modern world.
- We have a truly outstanding group of instructors, not only from the best of South Africa, but also international scholars – all traditionally-trained ‘ulema, of upstanding character and repute, who are dynamic speakers and passionate about what they teach. Sh. Muhammad al-Ninowi, Sh. Seraj Hendricks, and Sh. Zaid al-Azhari are just a few in the growing number of Madina’s faculty.
- You can study at Madina’s beautiful seaside campus in Cape Town: a world-class destination. The beauty, adventure and rich culture of Cape Town have no bounds! Students not only enjoy the sights and scenes of Cape Town’s beaches, lush countryside, and adventurous sports, but also partake in the rich hospitality, spirituality and history of the Cape Muslims, who held onto their Deen through the dark days of colonialism and slavery – and made a diverse & well-integrated community that is thriving and houses a cornucopia of scholars. It is undoubtedly an experience that is unlike any other.
- We are proud to have rich student diversity that enhances the learning experience every day: In the first year alone, Madina Institute has brought together students from across the globe – Malaysia, Sweden, the UK, US, Canada, Indonesia, Trinidad, Guyana, Mauritius, and Costa Rica, as well as from all over South Africa – Durban, Pretoria, Port Elizabeth and Cape Town. We brought students as well as professionals, converts and second-generation Muslims, youth as well as elders – all here to learn from the core sources of Deen and seek a better life and relationship with Allah.
- It’s Cost-Effective: One covers a copious amount of foundational Deen studies in a short amount of time – a core curriculum in Arabic, Fiqh, Quran and more – all in just one year. Madina brings scholars from across the globe to your doorstep, and provides a beautiful, high-tech facility for study and worship in the heart of Cape Town, as well. And to immerse oneself in the bounteous language and sciences of Deen, and to do it at a relatively-low cost of living, particularly for students coming from developed countries like the US, Singapore, Europe, etc. – these reasons alone make Madina Institute’s Usul-ud-Din intensive program truly unique.